What can I say? This year had been up and down but I'm looking back at 2013 and it was amazing year. January always start off with badly, as usually for a couple of years but I'm sure 2014 possible will be less than "badly". Those good things have happened for me at this year:
* Still as a student in Royal Conservatoire of Scotland/Solar Bear's short course "Deaf Theatre Skills"
* Got a part-time job as Solar Bear Theatre Company's apprentice along with Ciaran Stewart. (We sadly missed Connor)
* Watched over 20 theatres' shows throughout UK, most of them by Solar Bear's Deaf Theatre Club
* Self-published my book in kindle, Dad's Basketball Girl.
Travelled through my apprentice career:
* London for 5th times
- Graeae Theatre Company
- Deafinitely Theatre Company & their play, 4Plays
- Julie McNamara's "The Knitting Circle"
- Deafinitely's "TWO", met 2 lovely ladies from Handprint Theatre Company & visited Reading University to met students in deaf studied course
- Equity/BBC/ITV's auditions
* Dundee (as a part of the performer in Dundee Rep's "Other" by National Theatre of Scotland & visited Deaf Hub's Xmas meal to see over 50s' short performed)
* Inverness (to worked with Eden Court Theatre Company's creative team to made their props & watched Sleep Beauty & Hummm Bug!
* Edinburgh, to visited Lyceum Theatre (Dark Road by Ian Rankin - which I'd met him) & Forest Fringe (Deaf & Hearing Ensemble's workshop)
* Glasgow - Solar Bear Theatre Company, National Theatre of Scotland & Royal Conservatoire of Scotland & Citizen Theatre.
* Pitlochry (to visited & watched Pitlochry Theatre Festival's "Two" show and walked in An Enchanted Forest)
On my acting...
* A creepy lollipop Lady in National Theatre of Scotland/Dundee Rep's Other
* Narrator/Story teller in Royal Conservatoire of Scotland/Solar Bear's Everything I Am, I Have Inside Me.
* 2nd Sharon in Royal Conservatoire of Scotland's Graduation Ceremony (performance in honour of Jenny Sealey's fellowship) - A Woman Alone. (Also performed & book launched on my book, Dad's Basketball Girl, in the library on the different day)
* Role Improviser in Deaf Connections, Glasgow - Deaf Improv Comedy.
* My Granny's 80th birthday in April
* My cousin & her husband with their baby boy, Logan, on the same day as Royal's baby Prince George.
* Amanda Mills & Gary McGowan with their baby boy, Tyler Jack.
* My big bro & sis in law with their baby girl, Olivia.
* My 2nd cousin Matt Kennedy & his wife Fiona with their baby boy, Kai.
Coming up in 2014...
* Planning to publishing Dad's Basketball Girl proper on paperback!
* Planning to publishing the sequel of Dad's Basketball Girl on paperback, not kindle!
* Performing in The Arches around in June.
* Performing in Royal Conservatoire of Scotland/Solar Bear's show around in June.
* More travelling throughout UK through apprentice career until August :'(
* Working with my mentor, Viv (who to write storyline of Eastenders/River City/Waterloo Road)
* Fingers crossing for upcoming auditions at anywhere in UK!
* My cousin Amy & her partner Richard's wedding in November.
* And many more to come!
I hope you had a great time on Christmas' Day? I wish all of you a best of 2014! Happy New Year!